Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October :)

“October had tremendous possibility. The summer’s oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles”.

October is my favorite month. The leaves are rather yellow, falling like they are falling in love with the ground. This is one of the irresistible reasons why I fall in for the fall. The fallen leaves by the roadside crunches underneath my feet as I rush for the class. Icy morning makes it hard to step out of the comfort zone, my bed, much loved abode. Half wilted flowers surviving under the gentle rays. Chilly breeze overtaking the heat of the mighty star. This only happens in October, the golden month.

This year, October has been very adventurous.  Waiting for two complete years being in Kanglung, finally, I visited Choeten Kora. More than anything else this particular structure had me fascinated. Having known the story, Choeten Kora for sure was one of the places I did not want to miss if I ever happen to be in the east. Thank god, luck had me favored, I was enrolled in Sherubtse. 

Saturday, 10th of October, I along with twenty three friends set out on a trip to Bayling Higher Secondary School, for a Media Literacy awareness program. We stared off the journey at 4.am since the program was to take place at 9am.We had two skits, the first one on Democracy and the other on Media Literacy. We also had presentation, a dance and few solo songs to keep the audience undiverted. The program went on for two hours and half. I was anxiously waiting for the program to wrap up as we were to stop at Choeten Kora while we return. As we descended down the hill from Bayling to Trashiyangtse town, at the furthest point the huge Choeten stood, on which my eyes were fixed at. 

I couldn’t believe I was actually there staring at the wondrous structure. I have watched the movie and read stories as to why the Choeten was built.Clean as glittering cloud, bold and high it stood by the river side. Elderly people chanting prayers with a rosary on the left hand and the other turning little prayer wheels attached at the base of the Choeten. With my eyes closed, deep down in my heart I made a wish that I will journey this place again. I promised myself that, someday I will be back with my beloved parents and sister.

Prior to that, On 3rd of October we went to Tashitse Higher Secondary School for the same program. Lucky I was for getting a chance to visit Barshong Monastery in Khaling. Truly breathtaking was the architecture. Unmistakably it reassembled a Dzong. A giant courtyard surrounded by living rooms of the monk and the main Lhakhang placed on the hill overlooking the whole area. Cameras were not allowed inside the Lhakhang. It was overwhelmingly pretty. Perfectly lined up golden colored huge pillars leading to the statue of Lord Buddha. The walls were beautifully painted.

Lastly, a prominent reason as to why I love October is because it’s my month. Yes, the world had me welcomed in when miracles happen, OCTOBER! I was born on 15th. I am so stunned with the number of folks who wished me on my birthday. Inspiring seniors, affectionate friends and relatives, I am so glad to have wished by all. My deepest gratitude to every individual who spared precious time of yours. Thank you for having me showered with delightful wishes, for the reason that, there is no better birthday wish than a birthday wish that gave me a whole new dream to dream and an entire new life to look forward to. Thank you for making it worth. 
Barshong Monastery
Smile :)

Choeten Kora, Trashiyangtse


Red peppers, Trashiyangtse town



Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. 

16 comments:

  1. How may i express my love for your photographs. :)
    Love it and loved the piece.
    so from today i call you the Autumn girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Immense gratefulness, sweetheart ☺ I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for having me encouraged.
      Ahh yes, Autumn girl I am.✌Thank you for taking time to visit my page. Please do visit again. Take Care! ���������

      Delete
  2. Aesthetic work!!..Leki..keep your passion for photography nurtured and never let it wane..Loved your piece...keep sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Ugyen. You have been one of the regular visitors. You always had me motivated to keep on with the task. I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care! ☺☺

      Delete
  3. Autumn is here and I have to nag my wife to knit me another muffler. It is getting colder every day. Time to take out my long forgotten heater and respectfully clean it. Lekey hope you can bear the coldness it brings. Otherwise I can't imagine of your cheeks getting red because of coldness na bumchu...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be dreadfully cold in Thimphu by now. Mornings and evenings are icy cold out here as well. Ahh I have piled up several mufflers 😷 to save myself from the harsh winter. Thank you for the concern Acho Khengpa, bumchu will be fine ☺And yes, as always, thank you for having me motivated to keep on with the task. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care! ☺

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos, beautiful flow of language. Wow....
    Thanks for taking me back to yangtse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to drop in wonderful remark, dear sir.☺ I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care! ☺

      Delete
  5. Brilliant pictures, Leki. Seems you really had a great time. Wow! Look at those religious structures. That monastery is very magnanimous and magnificent. So is the chorten. Love your pictures. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. You always made me love my task. Thank you for having me encouraged. I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care! ☺

      Delete
  6. That is a beautiful place and you photographed it well.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir ☺. I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. ☺

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am so glad you liked my work. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post and very good blog here! I spent several years in Yangtse in my childhood, I like Chorten the most, Bayling wasn't established then. Your photographs are real good, appreciated!
    I am your 41st follower!
    Keep sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yangtse indeed is too beautiful :) Thank you for inspiring remark of yours, dear sir. I am so glad you liked my work. Please do visit again. Wonderful days ahead. Take Care!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...