Saturday, August 22, 2015

Expressions


It gives immense contentment when I can make others see what I saw :))

For moths I wrote nothing. Nothing at all. Seems like the letters simply couldn’t sort its way out. My brain could trace no subject to scribble upon. Creativeness seems to have vanished altogether. For today let me write a bit on photography, the task that I love the most. I already have quite a number of updates on the topic. Yet, todays writing is in response to what Aue Rekha had me advised to. I am to compose on what photo editing tools and which DSLR I make use of.

Given the choice of being a writer and a photographer, with no doubt I will go for the later. Photography is and will always be the very first preference. Of course I jot down my thoughts at times. I can express much more via pictures. I spent hours to fill a page while I can capture hundreds in few minutes. This does not mean I will quit writing. I shall put in much more effort to have my written pieces presentable.

Well, it has only been a year and half since I started taking pictures on daily bases. Although it has always been an art that I was interested in. The changing colors at dawn and dusk are the magical creations of the Mother Nature that I can’t let go without having captured. Flowers, be simple as an avoided weed by the footpaths never fail to draw my attention. When there is heavy down pour, eagerly I wait for it to mark a full stop, so that I can take snaps of the freshly bathed plants. With hundreds of silver droplets on nature looks a lot prettier.

I use no DSLR. Quite often I capture with my phone. I am using a simple cannon that’s 10mp. All the pictures that I have posted are with no filter. At times unnecessary obstructions needs to be cropped out. Since I was taught an introduction to photojournalism I have learnt a bit on color corrections. It includes no manipulation. It is simply increasing the brightness if the picture is underexposed (dark), and reduce the intensity if the picture is burned out (too bright). I use Adobe Photoshop to make the corrections.

I share my pictures daily on Instagram. To get the required size I use Instabox. In here no cropping is needed. I also share my works on Facebook photo blog. With the help of Microsoft Paint, I mark copyright symbol with my name on the pictures. I feel incomplete if I happen to leave something out without having photographed. It gives immense contentment when I can make others see what I saw. Being a girl makes it even more interesting. Little things excites me, I can see beauty in the fallen flowers, bare headed dandelions, and I can take pictures of my painted nails or curled hair.

I want to thank every single persons who had me encouraged to keep on with the task. Your criticisms made me work harder. Your remarks made me appreciate my own effort. Thank you for having me guided. Your words and expectations will never be in vain. I will work on to have myself improved further. Thank you all.
















Thank you for reading. Please do visit again. Happy Weekends. Take Care! 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Lekey I like this new layout of your blog. Neat and very friendly. Less is more :). Don't let that fire of photography and blogging in you die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The credit goes to Acho Khengpa (Sherub Tenzin sir) wholly. He had it redesigned over again after I spoiled the previous one. Las la aue I will keep on with the task :) Thank you for reading. Please do visit again. Happy Sunday. Take Care!

      Delete
  2. I love your article as much as I enjoy looking at your photos. You have an ace up your sleeve in photography. Keep that spirit burning and kicking. BTW can you justify align your post article before it is being posted. It appears little disoriented. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am so glad you liked my efforts, sir :) Thank you for the wonderful recommendations. I will with all my heart proceed with the task. Oh, thank you. I will do that :) Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Take Care!

      Delete
  3. Hi great write up. Your pictures are really asweome . till now I was thinking you are using DSLR. With very little you have conquer the most .And ya 1 small suggestion rather then using paint for putting the copyright of ur name u can use PS . create an layer of copyright and save it ,everytime when u give touchup to ur photos u can add that layer of copyright.
    Keep snaping photos. " A photo worth's thousand words."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you so much, sir :) It's love and passion that I add. And yes I shall make best use of what I have. Thank you for the advice. Hence, I will try on PS. Thank you for reading. Please do visit again. Take Care!

      Delete
  4. Dear Lekey Choden Dorji, looking at the pictures you have snapped and the articles you have written makes me wonder how could some people be born multi-talented. I envy you for that..hehe..jokes...Truthfully, I appreciate you for your skills at photography as well as in writing. You can be the both- a professional photographer and a professional writer as well. You just move on with the constant enthusiasm in both the fields. May god accompany you in your journey towards accomplishing your goal(s)..Keep sharing your magnificent pictures. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks, dear. Indeed so glad I am that you liked my work. I will further work hard to live up to your expectations. Thank you for taking time to pour in your thoughts. Please do visit again. Hope you have been doing well. Good day. Take Care!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...