Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Semester lll

Media Studies is the newly established course at Sherubtse, in fact in whole of RUB colleges. It has two sharing outs, Dzongkha and English. RUB had me under Media Dzongkha. I and my mates are second batch, and yet, proudly, we are going to be the first batch of trained reporter in Digital Journalism.  We are 24 with only 6 guys. Well, it perhaps means the media houses will be flooded with women in the near prospect ;). This semester we have combination classes with history and geography students for Dzongkha modules, three of five. Dzongkha Communications, Due Sum Gi Namzha the next, and Shetring make it three.

For Dzogkha Communications and Shetring we are added up with geography, summing up to 103. OMG! Have me saved during presentations. I and my mates make sure to be in the class 30 minutes earlier, or it’s going to be so shameful to look for chairs in the nearby classes. Thank god, the new time table had it declared that the class rooms are LT (Lecture Theatre), Room E and SSC (Student Service Centre). These rooms can fit in 100s easily. Oh! I, no more have to worry about grabbing a chair, if by chance happen to be behind schedule.

For Due Sum Gi Namzha we are combined with history mates. I am glad; the faces are recognizable at least. We have, in the previous semesters attended guest lecturers together, many a times. History students are also being taught multimedia. We sum up to 90, 13 less than the other! Not so faultless it is to be mounting up in such digit, especially in weather conditions warm as this.  Well, the management had it alienated uniformly, so, I can draw near to none, to talk about :(

Dzongkha, especially the spellings have never been so unproblematic to compact with. Gosh! How I yearn for a miracle when my whole work gets spoiled because of the spellings :'( Nevertheless, I am looking forward to have it healthier by the time I leave this place.

I am ought to improve it. After all, it isn’t only for a semester. Of course media too, we have the best tutors, they will have us roasted wholly by time we graduate. So grateful I am, that we are gifted with amazing instructors as them. At the end I shall be worth to prove that I took 'Media and Dzongkha'. Indeed I am with a hope that classes are going to be as pleasurable. Oh Yeah! For the semester, one of the modules includes Photojournalism, which I am so excited about. I will have more updates on this later. Thank you for visiting. Good Day :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice post, Leki. All the best. Do well and I would be glad to see you as good, female professional journalists in the near future. I know photo-journalism is very exciting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Langa. I am with no assurance if I can be the person you are expecting me to be, but, I will have it all learned by heart. Photojournalism especially :) Thank you for taking time to visit my post. Wonderful day. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Leki, nice share. It is a great news that RUB had it started for the first time, we are going to see professionally trained indigenous Journalists. It gives a lot of pride to have our own. All the best ahead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed la :) Thank you for wonderful words of yours, Sangay sir. Thank you for visiting. Please do visit again. Wonderful Day!

      Delete
  3. Though you're media student, you talk as if you're some sort of IT student. Being in media, you really must be confident. May be you're still a media-person-in-progress. I shouldn't have expect much. BTW when you're nervous during presentation, assume all people in front of you are just fools who listen to whatever you say and clap their hands at the end whatsoever. Boom. This will bring magic in you. Hope to find professional journalist in you in coming future. All the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true sir, I got to improve a lot, to be called as one. For now, sure I am a media-person-in-process. I will leave no opportunity to prove myself worth.
      Certainly, I will have your words put into practice in the upcoming presentations. Thank you so much for having me encouraged. Indeed, your words will be valued :) Thank you for taking time to visit my post. Your comments had me work upon my shortcomings. Your guidance will be needed always. Wonderful Day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...