Monday, August 25, 2014

I have been looking forward for ~

Photojournalism, the most awaited class began lastly. It is the session I have been looking forward for, though hard-hitting it is going to be. I will, hopefully, develop my skills in taking pictures by the end of the semester.  Dorji sir had the lectures started off by narrating his holidays at the U.S.  Taking note of his personal practice has always been inspirational for me. How he would illustrate a state as his finest in which most of us, at least, I would have considered being unworkable. Positively, I will have myself on the accurate trail with a lead grand as him.

As expected he had the guest lecturers arranged already. For the next couple of weeks Pema Rinzin sir, an expertise from Bhutanese Film Industry, will be coaching us on Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Adobe Premier. He had us introduced the topics in the earlier semester. The lessons will be centered primarily on photo editing, for the year 2 learners. Definite I must be, to have myself attended his talk. The guest lectures are programmed from 5 to 7 in the evening. An arrangement has already been made by having the timetables crossed checked. Hence, I will be attending his lectures on Tuesday and Thursday.

As a foreword to the subject, we were taught the dissimilarity between Photography and Photojournalism, which I thought was alike. Well, photography is considered an art, while photojournalism is telling stories with pictures or communicating with photographs. Photography basically talks about being artistic while photojournalism is about conveying information. The classes are going to be out of the ordinary, I suppose.

With the opening to the composition of photography, it had me realize that the pictures I took followed none. Terribly, I have it all posted on my blog :p Taking picture is not only about capturing moments but to be able to see, not just look at. Probably, I have only been looking at. :( I took pictures everyday but knew nothing on how to. Truly, I am with a hope that I will have my eyes trained to SEE rather than LOOK at, so that I can take better pictures.

Thank you for visiting my page. Please do trip again. Have a wonderful week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting, Leki. Your photography has been good and I am sure with this extra lessons you are going to get, you will improve on it. All the best and learn well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, interesting it is :) Thank you for dropping in so frequent. You had my work appreciated always, although no presentable it is. I owe you big for having me helped out to carry on with. Truly, I am with a hope that the lessons will have my skills improved. Thank you for visiting. Please do drop in again. Wonderful week ahead :)

      Delete
  2. I am feeling jealous of you. You guys are getting taught with almost everything I love. That photojournalism thing? Can't explain how I would love to learn. Now already having missed the bus that would have taken me there, I would rather resort to learn from you now. Hope you won't be that miser huh. Anyway learn well and expand your horizon on them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, so grateful I am for having chosen the route. Had it not been for this course, I would never be fortunate enough to acquire these lessons. It so great to know that you love photography as well. I met a set of wonderful people via bolg whose interest are same as mine. Certainly, I would love to have the ideas exchanged, dear sir. Thank you for wishing me luck. Truly, I will have it learnt by heart. Thank you for dropping in precious words of yours. Please do visit again. Wonderful week ahead :)

      Delete
  3. It appears seductive skills that I would also love to hone should time permits. Unfortunately, it is most unlikely I could learn what you're going to learn. Time for us has already elapsed unlike you, lucky one. I think your course has been introduced timely by RUB. Keep posting on it as the semester progresses, it would be good learning for us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed so lucky I am :) It is great to know that I am surrounded by people who got same interest as mine. Would be a great pleasure to have the ideas exchanged. Certainly, I would love to have the lessons updated on. Thank you for sharing in your thoughts Sangay sir. Thank you for precious words of yours. Please do visit again. Good Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...